Wednesday 25 August 2021

My fact writing

Kia ora Bloggers, 

 Today in lock down I had to write a fact report on composting.We learned this because It was for an online task. What I had to do for this task was to write in a google doc about composting.

I enjoyed writing my fact report.  I found it a little challenging to write how it was made .  I want you to comment on anything you might want me to change. I will add a link to a video about composting click on the link right here to watch the video Link


Composting


Have you ever heard of composting? I am going to tell you what composting is and how to use it.


What is it?

Composting is a great way to recycle by using leftover scrapes, vegetable, peels, fruit waste,plant clippings, grass cuttings and leaves that turns into compost soil.


How is it made?

You will need a  plastic bin or a wooden box. First you get a layer of brown waste like leaves,straw then another layer of green waste like fruit and vege scraps. Keep layering brown and green until you reach the top. Next add water for moisture. Add worms and then leave it to do its job.


The benefits of composting?

Composting is great for recycling our environment. We end up getting healthy plants and gardens for vegetables and flowers. It is great food for worms and insects and makes rich soil.


Conclusion

I think composting is good for keeping the environment free of more rubbish.  I have a compost bin at my house and I have seen how good it is to recycle our grass clippings and food scraps.  If we all got into it we will have one way to look after the earth.





  


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Zara,

    You have included some key points about composting. Well done. I like that you mentioned it is helping us to look after our earth. We are a Green/gold Enviro school and we all think that is pretty important. Did you go out and check on your compost to see if it needs anything?

    ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.